- File Transfer Security
- As part of our ongoing commitment to customers and contacts, we are doing everything reasonable to prevent the onward transmission of infected files or data.
All incoming files are scanned, however we have recently encountered problems with password protected zipped files. As the system is unable to open the file it now quarantines it for safety, leaving us with your e-mail, but no access to the attached data!
- CAD/CAM Systems currently in use:
SolidWorks 2004 Advice on STL creation available. PTC Pro/Engineer 2000i2 & Wildfire Materialise Magics RP Rapid Prototyping software. Autodesk DWF Materialise Magics Communicator Internet based STL viewing package allowing customers to share 3D files with 3T RPD via the internet. Adobe Photoshop 5.0 Photo/Image editing software.
- File Types read by DSW mould industry:
.STL Rapid Prototyping file (Binary with 0.01mm tolerance preferred) .IGES Initial Graphics Exchange Specification universal translator .STEP International Standard for Exchange of Product Model Data .SET Standard for Exchange & Transfer V89-06 .VDA Surfaced Data Interface V2.0 .SLDPRT Solidworks model file .EXP Catia export file .MDL Catia native model file .EPS Encapsulated PostScript format file* .DXF 2D drafting translator* .DXF 3D faces .DWG AutoCad drawing file* .PRT Pro/Engineer Part file .BMP Windows Bitmap image format file* .JPEG Joint Photographic Experts Group image file* .TIFF Tagged-Image File Format image file* .WRL VRML (Virtual Reality Modelling Language)* .OBJ Wavefront Model file*
- *Please note: that while we can read these file formats, they are only 2D and hence do not include sufficient information to drive the modelling process. 2D-3D conversion is required.
- File Compression Types used by DSW professional moulding include:
EXE DOS executable file ZIP WinZip compression file SIT Macintosh Stuffit compression file MGX Materialise Magics compression file
- If any of these files are not possible, please contact us for alternative requirements.
- Electronic Connectivity (ISDN):
E-mail: email@example.com Website: http://www.dswmould.com/ FTP: Please call for details.
- File Size:
- It is important that your data files are compacted to allow them to be successfully e-mailed and quickly downloaded through our server.
- Files should be zipped before sending.
- We can accept files up to a size of 10MB.
- If your files are larger than this, please telephone us first to make appropriate arrangements for them to be accepted through the server.